Department: : Front of House
Reports to: Restaurant Manager
Location: East Longmeadow, MA
Primary responsibilities are to greet and seat guests upon arrival.
1. Assigns service stations to all servers and bus persons.
2. Informs service personnel of menu changes, outages, and daily/weekly/monthly
3. Coordinates the operation of the dining room during meal service periods.
4. Adjusts patron seating flow to balance customers among the various service stations.
5. Graciously greets and seats guests upon arrival.
6. Provides menus to guests.
7. Manages special seating requests of guests consistent with table availability.
8. Relays messages to servers and bus persons as appropriate.
9. Assists with the duties of servers and bus persons as needed.
10. Checks table settings for proper presentation and completeness, and checks service
tray stations for adequacy of supplies used for refill or replacement purposes.
All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. A minimum of six months of experience in a food service establishment.
3. Ability to stand and walk for periods of up to six hours in length.
4. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
5. Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and other employees.
WORKING CONDITIONS :
High noise levels, hot, must be able to lift 40+ pounds