Reports to: Kitchen Manager
Location: East Longmeadow, MA
Primary responsibility is to cook the prepared food items in the prescribed methods.
Must ensure that all food products have been prepared correctly before cooking.
1. Arrive on time and ready to work.
2. Ensure that proper preparation procedures have been completed.
3. Prepare the cooking areas for the shift.
4. Maintain the highest level of food quality obtainable.
5. Communicate with coworkers, waitstaff, and management.
6. Become aware of what is happening in the dining room (e.g. arrival of a large group).
7. Account for every food item used.
8. Maintain a clean and safe kitchen.
9. Follow all health and safety regulations prescribed.
10. Follow all the restaurant regulations prescribed.
11. Control and limit waste.
12. Communicate problems and ideas to management.
13. Attend all meetings.
14. Fill out all forms required.
15. Maintain all kitchen equipment and utensils.
16. Keep every area of the kitchen clean and organized.
17. Follow the proper rotation procedures.
18. Label and date products used.
19. Follow management instructions and suggestions.
All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. One year of cooking experience and/or Associate’s degree in culinary arts field.
2. Knife skills.
3. Knowledge of HACCP.
4. Basic cooking knowledge.
WORKING CONDITIONS :
High noise levels, hot, must be able to lift 50+ pounds.